LOS ANGELES (CNS) – The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors today reinstated a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever fatally shot an Army veteran and his son in Norwalk in 2015.
Supervisor Janice Hahn recommended re-offering the reward, which expired on Aug. 25, 2016, saying investigators believe it may prompt reluctant witnesses to come forward.
Detectives have also asked the city of Norwalk to renew its own $10,000 reward, to up the total to $20,000.
On July 14, 2015, deputies responding to a report of shots fired found 49-year-old Walter Vicente and his son, Andrew, 24, dead inside their home in the 12300 block of Gettysburg Drive. Both men had been shot in the head.
Walter Vicente, a U.S. Army veteran, owned a plumbing company, and his son was working with him to learn the business.
Detectives working the case in the months after the shooting said they were hard-pressed to find a motive, despite considering potential business disputes or personal vendettas.
“We could find nobody that bore any ill will to either of them,” sheriff’s Lt. Dave Coleman said at a 2015 news conference.
Hahn urged anyone with more information to call sheriff’s homicide Detective Dean Camarillo, (323) 890-5500.