COSTA MESA (CNS) – The San Diego (405) Freeway will be closed at Fairview Road in Costa Mesa Friday night through Sunday morning as part of an improvement project.
The closures are necessary so workers can demolish part of a bridge over the freeway at Fairview Road. The freeway will be closed from a 10 p.m. Friday through 9 a.m. Sunday and the following weekend.
Drivers will be detoured off the freeway at Fairview Road off-ramps and back onto the freeway past the Fairview Road bridge.
Also closed will be:
- The northbound Corona del Mar (73) Freeway to northbound San Diego Freeway;
- The northbound San Diego Freeway off-ramps to Susan Street and Harbor Boulevard;
- The northbound San Diego Freeway on-ramp from Fairview Road;
- The southbound San Diego Freeway to southbound Corona del Mar Freeway connector; and
- The southbound San Diego Freeway and Corona del Mar Freeway on-ramps from Fairview Road.
The work is part of a $1.9 billion project to add one lane in each
direction between Euclid Street and the San Gabriel River (605) Freeway as well
as a toll lane from the Corona del Mar Freeway to the San Gabriel River